Thursday, October 11, 2012


Don't tell her that I drink tea and not coffee. I'd prefer if you didn't talk at all about me, even in a brief casual chat. Don't tell her how I loved your smile, or things like that. Don't tell her how I was your best friend. Don't tell her how it could never work out in the end. Don't tell her how you learned a lesson from me, and that's why you have to take things slow and easy. If you can forgive me for my faults, then maybe it can work out after all. I can't stand anybody knowing me the way you do, and I can't stand the thought of her knowing you.  Don't tell her how I like to sleep in late, or that I believe in romance and fate. Well, what if we meet on some cross-town street? And you'll introduce us and we'll finally meet. And I'll be alone when you're walking away, and I'll be wondering what she's going to say. Well, I know we'll never be the way we were, but don't tell her.  Don't tell her that this love of mine was just a stage. She doesn't need to know my point of view. She'll never love you like the way that I do. Don't tell her that I love you like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment